Monday, December 10, 2007

Life Interupts

My life has been interrupted a lot lately. Just when I have all of my plans made....bam, something happens to interrupt them! I'm working on a writing project and so want to continue on and finish it but life keeps getting in the way. With the constant pressure of an unfinished project hanging over my head I easily become discouraged and frustrated. Once I have a goal set I just hate delays.
Today as yet another interruption came my way it occurred to me that I might be interrupting God's plans for me. His plan is for me to be conformed to the image of Christ, for me to walk in the good works that He prepared for me to walk in beforehand and yet how often do I interrupt His grand plans by going on about my life as if it were my own? I wonder how long I've delayed His perfect will in my life?
I want to be mindful, as "life happens", that He is still in control, that He can be trusted and that His plans are far better than my own. I don't want to miss one single thing He has for me.
Oh, Lord, may I have one goal only: to please You in all respects.

No comments: