Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Believer in Christ

I am a believer in Christ. Are you?

If you are what does that mean to you?

To me it means I believe I am a sinner worthy of death, but that while I was yet a sinner, Christ died for me and by faith I believe He saved me from the penalty of death for my sins and that I will live with Him forever in Heaven.

End of story?

For some of us yes...we trust Him for Eternity, but not for today, not for the pain, not for the need, not for the secret little habit, not for the soul crushing doubt, not for the death of the beloved, not for the hopelessness that consumes us like a cancer.

But it really isn't the end of the story.

If I am a believer in Christ, it means that not only can I trust Him with my Eternity, I can trust Him with my Now,
to guide children
to give wisdom about finances
to give me the strength to endure in this battle of the bulge...
no, let's call this what it is....the battle of sin in my life...my sinful love affair with food....
literally I can trust Him for all that I need to live this Christian life.

"He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him up for us all, how will He not also with Him freely give us all things?" Romans 8:32

What do you need to believe Him for today? He sees. He hears. He provides. Ask and you will recieve, but ask with faith.

Are you a believer in Christ?

2 comments:

Dana said...

Hey sweet lady! So glad to find your blog. Hope to see you soon!
~Dana Bailey

Anonymous said...

That's really good, Debbie. A challenge, for sure, and so true. Thank you for saying what needs to be said. Bless you! ~ Chris